More and more of us are using the Internet when on holiday or travelling abroad these days but finding a good signal is not always easy. Roaming charges might also be an issue for UK visitors to Slovenia and other EU countries post Brexit. Let’s hope not.
An app, always an app, comes to the rescue here helping you to find Free WiFi Hotspot Locations in Slovenia. Check it out.
MKL of “My Kafkaesque life” has kindly allowed us to use his Slovene/English translations which will help you understand hotspot information.
- WiFi točka – WiFi point
- WiFi je prosto dostopen – WiFi is freely accessible
- Javna dostopna točka – Public access point
- Prostodostopen WiFi – Freely accessible WiFi
- Na voljo računalnik – Available computer
- Prost dostop do interneta – Free Internet access
- Brezplačni WiFi – WiFi free of charge
- Brezplačen – Free of charge
- Odprt, odprta – Open
- Dostop – Access
- Prost dostop – Free access
- Ni zaklenjen – Not locked
- Odklenjen – Unlocked
- Geslo – Password
- Restavracija – Restaurant
- Pivo – Beer
- Kava z mlekom – Coffee with milk
On some Slovenian campsites you can also enjoy free internet access. The ones we know of are Camping Bled, Camp Danica in Bohinjska Bistrica, Camp Triglav in Trenta, Kamp Koren near Kobarid and Pivka jama Campsite near Postojna. Please add to the list if you know of any more, there are bound to be others!